The artistic diaspora is a site of fusion and innovation as well as heritage and preservation: the ten Indian classical dance schools, for instance, have room for dancers who continue to work with steps codified and unchanged over thousands of years, and also for those who use dance to market fitness, athletic competition, and choreography involvement in both Indian film industries and historically hostile Western entertainment industries.
- Dr. Anantanand Rambachan – Professor of Religion, St. Olaf College (MN)
- Dr. Francis Clooney – Professor of Comparative Theology, Harvard Divinity School (MA)
- Dr. Arvind Pal-Mandair – Professor of Sikh Studies, University of Michigan (MI)
- Swami Yogatmananda – Minister & President at Vedanta Society of Providence, Religious Affiliate at Brown University (RI), Hindu Chaplain at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth (MA)
- Vanita Shastri – Dean of Undergraduate Programs, Ashoka University
- Kamlesh Kapur – Educator and Author (MA)
Gita Desai – Producer and filmmaker (MA)
Yogendra Jain – Jain Center of Greater Boston
Please, click here to learn more about "Perspectives on Teaching India for the K-12 Classroom" affiliations.